For 5 years I was a volunteer counsellor with the Everyman Project which aims to help men to change their anger, violent or abusive behaviour. I also worked for Bupa Psychological as a Trauma Incident Manager offering on site support to large companies.
At the moment I work as a Volunteer supervisor for Turning Point which is a national health care social care provider . I Supervise counsellors who work with clients in the Residential detox. I have a Diploma in Supervision of counsellors. I also work for the Bupa EAP as a face to face and telephone counsellor. I have worked in private practise for 5 years from my home in Kings Lynn and in The City EC3A.
My initial training was working Person Centred. I completed a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling based in Psychodynamic theory (Psychodynamic counselling is based on empathy, acceptance and understanding) and working Inter Culturally. I have a primary certificate in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) where examining our feelings, or emotions, and our behaviour, as well as our thinking may lead to change. I now work and am informed by Integrating these different theories. Every person is unique and I believe one theory does not fit all. Research indicates that the most probable factors determining a successful outcome to therapy are the personal qualities of therapist and client and the relationship between them, rather than the particular approach used. As part of my professional development I completed a BA Hons course in Integrative Counselling from the University of Surrey.
I am an Accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) which means I "have achieved a substantial level of training and experience that has been approved by BACP". I work with the BACP code of ethics which can be found at www.bacp.co.uk. I have also been CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checked as I am a Volunteer Supervisor at Turning Point.
I also work for Bupa PMI (Private Medical), Work Place Options EAP (Employee Assistant Program), WPA and WPA Protocol (Private Health), Bupa EAP as a face to face and telephone counsellor.
- Mar 2020 - Meeting the challenge of Orthodox Masculinity- Dr Beattie
- Feb 2020 - Advanced Supervision Course= BPS Paul Grantham
- Nov 2019 - Essential Supervisor Skills-BPS Paul Grantham
- May 2019 - One to One - Working with Shame- Christiane Sanderson
- Nov 2018 - 100 Brain-changing Mindfulness Techniques= Dr Julie Budnik
- Oct 2017 - Positive Psychotherapy: Supercharge your practice- BPS- P.Grantham
- Jan 2017 - Motivational Interviewing & Beyond- BPS- Paul Grantham
- May 2016 - Losing Sleep : advanced psychotherapeutic techniques- Dr David Lee
- Nov 2015 - Working with OCD- BPS - Dr Tom Werner
- Feb 2011 - Psychosynthesis Essentials intensive Course at Findhorn
- Feb 2012 - Treatment Resistant Depression -BPS
- Sep 2010 - Working Systemically with Sexual Issues (CPD)
- Apr 2008 - Primary Certificate in PTSD- Centre for Stress management
|2013||Certificate Working with Couples- endorsed by COSRT|
|Mar 2013||Diploma in Supervision|
|2009||EMDR Level 3|
|2009||BA HONS in Integrative Counselling|
|Oct 2007||Primary Certificate in CBT Centre for Stress management|
|Sep 2005 - July 2007||Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Lambeth College (Psychodynamic and intercultural orientations)|